Crab cakes are a favorite of mine. Whenever we go out to dinner, my eyes immediately search for the jumbo lumps of goodness. To be honest, I don’t really make crab cakes very often at home. I always see the fresh crab meat at the store/market and think 18 dollars is a lot for a small 8 ounce container of crab. My rationale doesn’t make sense, because when you go to a restaurant, crab cakes are usually anywhere from 20 to 30 dollars. Well, I was feeling daring this past weekend at the store, and I made the plunge and bought fresh crab meat. I was really happy I did, because these corn crab cakes turned out great and from the 8 ounce container, I made 6 smallish cakes. Not bad for 18 bucks!
Do you love crab cakes? Do you make them at home?
Read on for the recipe…
Corn Crab Cakes
Serving: 6 small cakes
- 1 - 8 ounce can crab claw meat (shells removed)
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, whisked lightly
- 2 to 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix together all ingredients, except olive oil, in bowl.
- Create 6 medium-sized patties with hands – it will be wet
- Set in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in sauté pan on medium heat.
- Place crab cakes gently into pan and allow to brown on either side, 7 minutes.
- ENJOY over bed of lettuce or on a bun!