My friend, Tiffani, made these buffalo chicken bites from pinterest and she told me they were to die for. She said they were easy and not totally killer, as in unhealthy, for you so it was a must-make in my book. Joe said this was his favorite recipe I have made so far and that’s saying a lot. I realized the reason he liked them so much was because they had meat in them! I wasn’t eating meat for almost a year and a few months ago my body started craving it and I mean really craving it. That’s all I could think about was meat. I figured my body was telling me something and I incorporated meat back into my diet a little at a time. I would say, we still eat a lot of vegetarian meals but we have meat on average twice a week – Joe sometimes more. This was one of our meaty meals for the week…Buffalo Chicken Bites
Buffalo Chicken Bites
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Makes 15 to 20 mini bites – perfect for football parties!
- 1 cup cooked rice & quinoa medley (could use all quinoa)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup hot sauce (depending on your spiciness level)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs (possibly a bit more if consistency is too wet)
- dash of onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Few Tbsp olive oil for skillet
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients well.
- With cookie scooper or hands, create small balls of mixture.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add balls to skillet and let brown on each side 3 to 4 minutes flipping as you go.
- ENJOY with ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery & carrots!