Good Morning readers! Lucky enough it is Thursday and there’s only one more day till the weekend. Anyone have any weekend plans? Friday night I think we are doing a girls’ night and that’s all I have as of right now. I think I might need to relax after last week’s vacation in Stone Harbor, NJ, which included lots of food, booze, sweet treats and did I say booze? Well, after the beach I have been craving some clean eating. I made the Mexican Stuffed Peppers, these Italian Veggie Stacks and even some Quinoa Italian Bites – that recipe is coming soon – this week. Two Italian dinners in one week… Joe is a lucky guy! These Italian Veggie Stacks I made are really simple and almost remind me of a no-bake lasagna, which is perfect for the time of year when you don’t want to turn on the oven just yet. Although, I am ready to pump out some sweet
ass pumpkin recipes, come on fall, I know you are right around the corner! For now, Italian Veggie Stacks with drizzled basil olive oil it is…
Italian Veggie Stacks
Serving Size: 2 main dishes
- 5 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium-sized yellow squash, cut lengthwise in thin strips
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, cut lengthwise in thin strips
- 1 small eggplant, cut in rounds
- 2 tomatoes – one yellow, one red
- 4 Tbsp ricotta cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp julienned fresh basil
- parmesan cheese – optional
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and cook 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add squash and zucchini cooking 2 minutes on either side or until lightly browned. Transfer to plate.
- While browning, in small bowl mix together 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp fresh basil (this will be drizzled on top of the stacks)
- Add eggplant to pan and add 1 more Tbsp olive oil. Cook on either side again until lightly browned.
- Transfer to plate with zucchini and squash.
- Assemble stacks by layering zucchini, squash, tomato slices.
- Add 1 Tbsp ricotta onto tomato and continue layering with eggplant and another tomato slices.
- Top off tomato slice with basil olive oil and sprinkle of parmesan cheese.