This past weekend, I got ballsy and decided to have Joe videotape me making banana bread. I put on my cute purple Vera Bradley apron and started filming away. We had to lock Athena outside because I didn’t want her to be a distraction when we were recording – ha, I sound so official. Too bad she was whining and barking outside and you can hear it through the video! Oh well, it was either the whining or her trying to taste test the banana bread before it was baked. I would rather go with the first option!
So when you have banana bread making in mind, make sure you have plenty of those old, beat up looking bananas on hand…
As I said in the video, not many enjoy eating bananas right out of the peel when they are looking very brown and spotted. That’s why using them in banana bread is your best bet! Here’s the recipe…
Banana & Almond Bread
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar would work)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 overly ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (honey would work)
- 1 Tbsp golden flax seeds
- 1 cup oat flour (whole wheat or all-purpose would work)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (in food processor)
- In mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, bananas and eggs.
- Next, add maple syrup and flax seeds.
- Mix in flour and almonds.
- Grease 8 x 4 baking pan.
- Pour batter into greased pan, bake 50 minutes at 350F.
- Let cool before cutting (or go ahead and burn your tongue!)
Watch the video link here and tell me your thoughts!
Anyone else make a cooking video of themselves?
Did you kinda feel awkward at first?