It’s the freakin’ weekend baby and I’ma bout to have me some fun – just as one of the old school rapper’s R. Kelly used to say. Hip, hip hooray for Saturday, the farmer’s market, hanging out around the house, outside running and of course a summer cocktail before dinner tonight with friends. This cocktail is super refreshing and your palette will thank you after you make and drink this. Maybe not your head the next morning, but everything in moderation is ok, right?!
Blueberry Mint & Lime Summer Cocktail
Servings: 2 – 8 ounce glasses
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (raw sugar, white sugar, others would work)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
- 4 oz vodka, divided
- 8 ounces seltzer, divided
- In small sauce pan, on medium heat, simmer blueberries, coconut sugar and water until thickened – it takes a few minutes to break down.
- Remove from heat and carefully mash blueberries together with a fork.
- In glasses, divide mint leaves and place in bottom.
- Squeeze a quarter of a lime onto mint leaves in each glass.
- With back of spoon, muddle mint and lime together.
- Add 1/2 of blueberry mixture to each glass.
- Add 2 oz of vodka and about 4 ounces of seltzer to each glass.
- Squeeze remaining lime into drinks.
- Add ice, mix with a spoon.