Hearty Winter Squash & Veggie Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, 3 carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen corn & okra
- 5 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) chopped tomatoes, including juices
- 1 can (7.5 ounce) white or garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- sprinkle of basil, salt & pepper
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high heat 4 to 5 hours.
- ENJOY with a sprinkle of pecorino cheese and some crusty bread!