Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin biscuits, pumpkin smoothies…and now, pumpkin oatmeal. Since it is that time of the year, go big. Put pumpkin in everything!
Warm oatmeal on a cold fall morning is just what you need to get your fall morning started.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup TVP (soy protein)
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- Place oats, TVP and bulgur in small sauce pan with almond milk and water. Bring to rolling boil.
- Once boiling begins, turn off heat and place lid on top.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix pumpkin puree and vanilla extract in oat mixture.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and pumpkin seeds on top.